mesytec MDPP-16 is a fast high resolution time and amplitude digitizer. It is internally realized as a 16 channel adjustable low noise amplifier and a variable differentiation stage, followed by filters and 80 MHz sampling ADCs. The digitized data are analyzed in an FPGA and reconstructed with highest precision. This allows to achieve unique timing and amplitude resolution.
MDPP-16 Applications (SORMA 2018)
- Low noise variable gain input amplifiers
- Input signals for maximum range (highest spectrum channel) from 1.5 mV to 20 V
- Input noise down to 2 uV @ 2 us shaping
- Variable hardware pre-differentiation
- Allows large offsets and signal stacking without effect on the amplitude or timing resolution
- Reset stage
(supports reset preamplifiers)
- Dynamical range for reset preamps: reset pulse / noise = 1.5*10^6 at
2 μs shaping time. Recovery within 2 μs + shaping time .
- Gain-polarity jumpers
- determine: termination, polarity, input range and input configuration (differential / unipolar).
- Two high resolution monitor outputs
- for monitoring internal signals and noise via oscilloscope.
- Two high resolution trigger inputs
- 24 ps resolution, start window, add time stamp
- Up to 4 software modules
- can be stored on board and can be selected by switch or VME.
- Installation and update via USB or VME
Large digital resources allow precise wave form reconstruction.
FPGA software modules:
- timing down to 75 ps rms
- amplitude resolution better than 32 k
- Trigger threshold down to 1/3000 of maximum range
- Amplitude & time for standard preamps (SCP),
32 k/75 ps
- Amplitude & time for reset preamps (RCP)32 k/75 ps
- QDC: charge & time, self gating, 4 k/75 ps
- Peak sensing ADC, 16 k, self gating or external
- Pulse shape discrimination for CsI