is a module which collects the data
of up to 8 MPSD-8+
modules, creates a full
time stamp with
48 bits width, buffers the position amplitude and
timing data and sends it via ethernet to a data acquisition PC.
also transmits the configuration data between control PC and the
peripheral modules. There is a communication path via synchronisation
line to the other MCPD-8 or MDLL
in a setup, allowing to synchronise the
time stamps between those data collectors,
and transmit basic commands like start,
stop and run number.
- High rate capability up to 2 mega events/s permanently. No additional dead time up to the rate limit. Bursts with rates up to 6.4 mega events/s can be stored in the main buffer.
- 48 bit time stamp for all events with 100 ns resolution (running 325 days)
- 6 external digital inputs for connection of monitor counters or chopper signals. Can create fully time stamped events of multiple types which are fed to the event data stream.
- 2 voltage inputs digitized by 12 bit ADCs, sample rate max. 100 kHz. Data can be time stamped and sent to the data stream.
- 2 voltage outputs, voltage created by 12 bit DACs. Can be controlled via control PC.
- 2 digital outputs, controlled by PC
- Synchronisation bus, is a Lemo coax connection between several MCPD-8 or MDLL modules. One MCPD-8 module is configured as master module and synchronises all connected modules. Also basic signals like start, stop and a run number is transmitted. The master MCPD-8 itself can be synchronised to an externally applied 10 MHz clock (i.e. chopper time base)
- PC Software: MCPD-8 and MDLL communicate with the control and (if existing separately) data acquisition PCs using a UDP based protocol. The open source data acquisition and control software mesydaq/ qmesydaq, running on Linux OS, is provided for data acquisition, online visualisation and system control.
Documentation and driver library
Documentation for the PSD+ system and the mesytec-mcpd driver library can be found here:
PSD+ and mesytec-mcpd documentation.
The driver library is hosted on github: mesytec-mcpd.